Job Title: Journeyman Farm Heavy Equipment Technician
This opportunity is perfect for an individual who possess strong trouble shooting skills and has a proactive approach and who can thrive in a diverse environment. The Heavy Equipment Technician will support a large, very busy farm shop. We require someone who can adapt quickly, communicate effectively, and take both direction and show initiative. Responsibilities of the role will also require equipment to be maintained and repaired in a timely manner to assist in optimizing productivity.
• Diagnose and inspect equipment for faults and malfunctions.
• Perform preventative maintenance including fluid, filter checks and lubricating all equipment
• Experience with mechanical, electrical and hydraulics in all types of farm machinery including tractors, combines, sprayers, seeders, swathers, packers and forage choppers (New Holland and John Deere)
• Support all feedlots with maintenance on equipment as needed
• Overhaul motors, rear ends, differentials and change out major components on all equipment.
• Capability to understand and diagnose faults and malfunctions using computerized and other diagnostic testing equipment.
• Journeyman Agriculture Heavy Equipment Technician ticket.
• 3 years experience
• Welding capability is an asset
• Organized, focused, and driven in executing on a timely basis
• Performs well independently and as a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Effectively use computer-based programs