Job Title: Health and Safety Coordinator
We are looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator that possess strong communication, organization and administrative skills and has a proven history of successful management. The successful safety manager must be willing to accept a high level of responsibility, have a strong understanding of health and safety related to the agriculture industry. Ability to promote preventable workplace accidents by continually communicating, educating, and providing the related safety training to our diverse workforce.
• Implements and executes necessary policies, procedures, work instructions and training conforming to VRP’s Health and Safety Program
• Investigate accidents (Root cause analysis) near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work
activities with support from HR.
• Conduct audits to ensure compliance and understanding of SOP’s, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions and near misses.
• Must be familiar with all applicable legislations and standards to ensure compliance -Alberta OHS act, regulation, and code.
• Maintain a safety leadership presence “walk the talk” and being open to employee suggestions and concerns.
• Conduct facility safety inspections
• Manage employee’s competency checks.
• Coordinate with HR required safety related certifications of crew (first aid, confined spaces etc.)
• A bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety or significant years of related agriculture experience.
• Must be proactive and results driven
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Effectively use Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook (email)
• Respectfully able to work with all types of people with different personalities, cultures, and customs.